Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lightened Up Iced Coffee

Ever seen the nutrition information for Starbucks drinks? Not fun. I would not be surprised in the least if I heard the ratio of sugar to coffee is 1:1. So, I decided to attempt a lighter version.

I am a huge fan of iced coffee drinks. The hot ones are never the right temperature; either they burn my young or they are lukewarm. There are about thirty seconds of time in which they are perfect.

It must be some sort of psychological thing; if coffee is supped to be cold (such as iced), then its tasty,  but if its supposed to be hot, but it has cooled until it's cold, then it's nasty. Hmm...

I made this with my awesome cold-brew coffee because it is a bit stronger than regular brewed coffee so the ice didn't water it down as much. Use whatever coffee you have.

Either way, this stuff is of the tasty variety, and may I suggest you try it out with my cold brew recipe?

Lightened Up Iced Coffee              Serves: 1
1 cup brewed coffee
1/2-- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of milk)
1 mL stevia extract, or to taste (The strength of the sweetness depends on the brand of the extract)
ice cubes
optional: Extracts such as caramel, peppermint, or hazelnut

Mix all but ice in a glass and serve over ice.



Enjoy!
~~{~@ Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment