Monday, September 29, 2014

How to be Gluten Free Naturally



With so many people being gluten free these days, companies are beginning to catch on and create g.f. packaged foods, full of junk that does not belong in the human body.

Now I'm not vegan, paleo, or anything like that, I'm just gluten free and mostly dairy free, but I still believe it is important to feed our bodies whole, real foods. It might be easier to pick up a package of granola bars off the shelf of the grocery store, but in the long run? Your body will thank you for choosing an apple and peanut butter, or something like that instead.

So below, I'm going to list some gluten free foods that are just naturally g.f. please note that I am not a doctor or certified nutritionist, and I'm not recommending that anyone go gluten free. This is for the many people who are gluten free, but would like to remove packaged foods from their diet.

Milk.                    
Yoghurt
Cheese
Butter
Fruit
Vegetables
Rice
Potatoes
Corn
Quinoa
Certified G.F. Oats
Eggs
Chicken
Beef
Pork
Lamb
Salmon
Tilapia
Codfish
Shellfish
Catfish
Vinegar
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Honey
Agave
Maple syrup
Cocoa powder
Nut butters
Nuts
Coffee
Tea

Please note also that you should always double check each item listed here to see if it really is g.f. because sometimes there can be a glutenful product in a place you least expect it.

Hope this has helped you! This is not EVERYTHING that's g.f., So be sure to explore your options around you!
<3 Danielle

4 comments:

  1. It's always good to have gf list even if all you do is keep guests in mind. Thanks!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I'm not a complete gluten-free, but try to reduce (same goes dairy). Thanks for posting this! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to reduce my dairy intake, too! I'm glad you liked this post!

      Delete