Friday, October 3, 2014

Cherry Baked Oatmeal


Did you miss me? I'm sorry I skipped several days of blogging, but I have a confession to make: this is going to be kind of a new norm.  I never want to be that blogger who fades out and you never know what happened to them. But my posts are going to be spaced a bit farther apart. My goal is to post once a week. 

Why?

Blogging has kind of gone from being a huge passion to a huge chore.

Why?

I love the concept of blogging, don't get me wrong, I love all of you and getting creative with what I post and all that jazz. But here's the thing: I do EVERYTHING-- taking photos, editing them, and writing the posts all on a Kindle Fire. And said Kindle only has a front facing camera. Yeah. It's been tough and at this point, I don't have the extra money to invest in a quality camera.

So things will be almost normal around here. I'll just be posting less often.

So anyway, here's a recipe for A single serve oatmeal, using the most beautiful, fflavorful fruit in the world.

Cherry Baked Oatmeal

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 banana, mashed
12 cherries, pitted and chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit. Grease a single serving ramkin.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oats and baking powder. Stir in milk, vanilla, and banana.
3. Fold in cherries. If you'd like, save some and place them on to of the oat mixture after pouring the batter into the ramkin.
4. Bake for about 28-30 minutes, or until center no longer is very wet.

Enjoy!
<3 Danielle



4 comments:

  1. Mmm, this looks like a nice healthy dessert! Or even breakfast!! ;)

    - Audrey

    http://thatbackpacker.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Audrey! Yes, it is an awesome breakfast!

      Delete
  2. I totally understand as blogging takes lot of time, energy and money!! Kudos to you for being honest and don't worry we will look for your awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your understanding!!! I had no idea coming into blogging how much hard work it is!

      Delete