Monday, October 20, 2014

Blogger vs. Wordpress

Hey everyone!
Would like to share with you all today a matter of which I was extremely curious about until recently. This is Blogger versus Wordpress. And just so you know, I am discussing the free stuff, you know, when your blog url is like; http://blog.blogspot.com, or http://blog.wordpress.com.  I believe that this information is important to those who want to start a blog, but don't want to throw a ton of money into it yet (like me!).
Blogger

  • Not many templates for setting up the blog
  • Each template, though is very customizable
  • You get the whole package with the free site
  • Easy to use, but glitchy at times
Wordpress
  • Tons of templates for setting up the blog
  • Very limited customization 
  • There's a limited amount of stuff that can be done for free. It almost seems like they were trying to trick me into spending some money at some points because so many things that I tried to do while designing the webpage led to a message announcing that that particular action could only be done if I upgraded.
  • Easy to use, but kind of confusing at times
Another thing I'd like to point out is that I find that Wordpress sites have that WOW factor, whereas it almost seems like if you've seen one Blogger blog, you've seen every Blogger blog.

Having said that, I have reached my conclusion:
     Blogger is for you if: you prefer to get a basic template, but then customize it to fit your needs, and especially if you don't have plans to upgrade.
     Wordpress is for you if: you prefer to not mess around with customizing your site, and just want to get a pre-set-up design, and also if you have plans to upgrade (and start spending money in the near future.

I hope this helps!
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment