And what better way is there than to start off your day than with a dessert-like hug from fall? (The answer is no way, to those of you who were wondering)
Now, to be perfectly honest, I'm already listening to Christmas carols. Yep.
*ooh, I can feel you judging me*
But that doesn't mean that I am not also embracing the beauty of fall at the same time...
...and now you can, too!
Pumpkin Meringue Pie Baked Oatmeal
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1.5 cups pumpkin puree
1.5 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp almond milk
Sweetener of choice, to taste
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
For the meringue: (optional)
1 large egg white
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp sugar, optional
1/8 tsp. Cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a single-serve ramkin
- In a small bowl, combine together oats, spice, and baking powder.
- Softly stir in pumpkin, milk, sweetener, and vanilla.
- Put in ramkin and bake for 15 minutes if using meringue, or thirty minutes if not using the meringue.
- If making meringue: while oatmeal is in the oven, beat egg white until it forms stiff peaks. Continue to beat in vanilla, cream of tartar, and sugar, if using.
- After the oatmeal has been in the oven for fifteen minutes, top with the egg white mixture, and return to oven for an additional fifteen minutes, or until the meringue has cooked through.
- Enjoy your hug from fall.