Who'd think that these simple ingredients could make such a mouth-watering quartet? The oats add texture, almond milk provides creaminess, cocoa powder brings flavor to the table, and the banana not only supplies the richness, but it also adds bulk.
As for nutrition, the oats and bananas both bear good-for-you fiber. The almond milk contains the protein. Studies show that cocoa can help promote a healthy heart. Bananas once again play two roles, as they also provide lots of vitamins and minerals.
Yay! Let's dig in!
Chocolate Pudding Oatmeal
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 ripe banana
1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder (depending on how strong one likes it)
1 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1) Cut the banana into circles before mashing it very well with a fork, until no large chunks are left.
2) Place the mashed banana, oats, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan and stir well.
3) Add the water and place pan over low-medium heat and stir constantly until the mixture begins to boil
4) Add milk and continue to stir until the 'sauce' thickens, although the mixture still looks pretty wet.
5) Cover the saucepan and turn off the heat, leaving the pan on the stove*. Let sit for 10-20 minutes, or until its thickened a bit more.
*Do not leave on burner if using electric stove.
I seriously have this at least 4 times a week. Its so good!
Hope you like it as much as I do!