Monday, May 26, 2014

Book Review: My Lucky Life in and out of Show Business

I've always been a HUGE Dick Van Dyke fan. A lot of the time actors and actresses can seem so genuinely friendly on-screen, but then it gets out what a pain in the rear are. When I hear this, it always makes me sad because I grow attached to their characters and then almost expect the actor who portrayed him to be him, if this makes any sense. Not that I'd expect them to be exactly the same, but similar somehow. Really, if I found out Julie Andrews was a major jerk, I'd be super dissappointed (especially after The Sound of Music)!

All this to say, I was not dissatisfied with Dick Van Dyke's personality. While I did not agree with many of his views, he has a wonderful moral and a likeable character.

As for the book, it is definitely the best written autobiography I've ever read. It kept me entertained, which is not an east feat for autobiographies to complete! The stories he told, some hilarious, some saddening, some thrilling, were usually quite relatable, even if nothing I've never neen through anything he has.

I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone!

~~{~@ Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment