Sunday, May 25, 2014

Caramel Date and Nut Bars


Hey All,
I made us a treat! Last summer, I wouls buy boxes and boxes of LaraBars, spending tons of money. I'd seen recipes for homemade ones on Pinterest, so I figured I should give it a whirl! They were SO GOOD. Of course I didn't follow any of the recipes I found. I never do follow recipes; they're so restricting! I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

Caramel Date and Nut Bars
1packed cup unsweetened, pitted dates
1cup walnuts
1 1/2 tsp. Caramel extract
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract

Pulse nuts and dates in food processor go desired consistency. Add extracts and give another few pulses to incorporate. Spread into a wax paper-lined loaf pan, an pop in the freezer for twenty minutes. Cut into six bars*.  Store in refrigerator.

*I individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap.

Seriously, try them!
~~{~@ Dani

2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY agree that recipes are restricting! I like NEVER follow recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now I know that not everyone thinks I'm crazy!

      Delete