Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Why Exercise?

Do you work out? Most people come up with lousy excuses to not work out. "I don't have time", "It's too hard for me", "I eat healthy, ao why should I work out?", "I don't need to, I'm not overweight", "gyms are too expensive", and so on and so forth. I'll be the first to admit: exercise is not always fun or easy. But it's worth it! I'm gonna go through that list of excuses and explain why none of them are valid.
"I don't have time."--- Do you have time to watch TV, read books or surf the web? If you say no you are probably lying. (What are you doing right now?) Workouts can be as short as fifteen minutes. Surely everyone has an extra fifteen minutes, even if it means setting the alarm clock fifteen minutes earlier! *gasp*
"It's too hard for me."--- Nonsense. No one runs a marathon or lifts 100 pounds on their first try! Start of easier and work at it until you're ready to take it up a notch! A year ago, I couldn't do a single push-up; heck, I struggled with modified push-ups! Then I started small and worked at them (daily) and now, I do 45 real push-ups a day! You can do it too!
"I already eat healthy." Good for you, be proud of yourself! But our bodies need exercise to build up a healthy heart and immune system. Exercise also releases chemicals in the brain that boost happiness.
"I am not overweight." See the response to the previous question.
"Gyms are too expensive." Don't go to the gym! I've never gone to the gym I work out in my house, and go on daily hour-long walks in my neighborhood. I personally prefer it because the scenery is always changing, as opposed to staring at the same object at the gym while running like a hampster in a wheel.

There you have it. Now, GO EXERCISE!
~~{~@ Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment