Wednesday, May 28, 2014

On the Hunt for a New Food Processor

Hello All,
 For the past year, I have been enduring the hardship of a poor quality food processor. It's terrible! For one, it's a mini model so it only holds about three cups. (Although this can be a blessing as well as a curse because with a mini, smaller batches of recipes can be easily made.) Also, its got a rather weak motor uncapable of running longer that sixty seconds before getting hot and smelling funny. But the worst factor of all is this problem it developed after only several uses; the bowl and blade are near impossible to remove from the base. I usually am forced to  pull at it with all my strength for a solid 3 minutes or so before it becomes unattached. In fact, last week I was pulling so hard that when it finally did pop off, it flew up and gave me a good cut in my nose. Believe me, I have never been so attractive! Not!

Anyway, I'm looking for a new processor, and thought I'd show you my candidates.
 First up:Cusinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 9-cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless  $133.97

This is a slightly more expensive one, but I'd rather spend more on a better quality one than have to replace a cheaper model multiple times.

Option no. 2: Ninja Master Prep (QB900B)  -- $39.99
I have a picture of the Ninja Master Prep, but the blogger program is being quite the pain, so to see the machine, click on the link above.
This food processor is a lot more affordable, and I've heard many good things about it, such as it's comparable to a Vitamix.

The third and final option is thisHamilton Beach 70670 Chef Prep 525-Watt Food Processor, Black --$47.59
Another budget-friendly purchase, this processor has some pretty good reviews that boosted is position into the top three on my list.

So, comment below your suggestions!
~~{~@ Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment