Sunday, July 6, 2014

Coconut + Olive Sugar Scrub

Last year when I was Christmas shopping, I stopped in Bath and Body Works. I love that place, and almost always go crazy trying out all those tester bottles of lotions, perfumes, and soaps. And don't even get me started on candle-smelling. (Oh my gosh, the mint chocolate chip!)

Anyways, it was there that I first discovered sugar scrubs. I was just going along, sampling basically everything, when suddenly my life got much better. It's shocking how smooth my skin gets from that stuff! But at $16 a bottle (I'm on a tight budget) I decided to forego the indugence until a later time.

But on the ride home, the wheels in my head started turning. There had to be a easy, cheaper way to recreate the magical lotion. And so I did. Now this is not much like the chemical-laden stuff at Bath and Body Works, but it completes the job with the same outcome. Maybe if you want the same consistency as the stuff at the store, substitute your favorite lotion for the oils. I have not tried this, so let me know if it works!

 I like to use this on my legs after I shave. It makes them feel like butter! This also makes a cute gift for hostesses, party favors, etc.

Coconut and Olive Sugar Scrub

1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
3 Tbsp. Coconut oil

Mix all ingredients until well combined. Add extra oil if you'd like a more spreadable consistancy. Store in an air-tight container, and avoid allowing liquids into container.

To use:
Rub the scrub against skin in a back and forth motion. Wash off with washcloth or running water.

~~{~@  Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment